CALL FOR ARTISTS
2018 Fulton Montgomery Art Show at
The Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts
Show Dates: April 11 - May 14, 2018
Submission Deadline: March 18, 2018
The Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts is pleased to announce its second annual Fulton Montgomery Art Show, featuring the work of artists living and working in New York's Fulton and Montgomery Counties. This exhibit is open to individual and group artists working in all media.
This show will also feature works of art by student artists from the Fulton/Montgomery region's schools.
The featured artist of this show is Rhea Costello, a painter and ceramic artist from Bleecker, NY. Her landscapes and wildlife paintings exemplify the Adirondack Rustic Art genre with their intricate detail and peaceful mood. Her ceramic work combines throwing pottery with carving to create imitations of leather and metal paired with sculptures of animals and elements of nature. A primarily self-taught artist, Costello has exhibited work at the Adirondack Rustic Expo, Southern Adirondack Art Show, Adirondack Rustic Furniture Fair, Lake Placid Lodge, Old Forge Center for the Arts, Adirondack Living Show, Western Design Conference in Cody, Wyoming, and many more distinguished galleries and shows.
**PLEASE NOTE: This show is open ONLY to artists who live or work in Fulton or Montgomery County, NY. You may receive this email even if you live outside those counties. If so, please disregard this email and consider submitting to our Statewide Art Show in the summer.
All works must be submitted via the website
Please note this is not a juried show, but we are using www.OnlineJuriedShows.com for ease of submission and selection by the curator for works from across the state.
Through the generous donation of supporters, the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts is able to offer awards and prizes for this show.
- All works must be original works of the artist.
- All entries must be of original design and personal execution created within the past 2 years.
- Artwork previously shown at the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts is not eligible for submission.
The fee for entry of up to three (3) works will be $25 for non-members and $10 per additional entry for a total of five entries maximum. Members of the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts may submit three entries for $15 and $7 per additional entry for a total of five entries maximum. Payment should be made at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Membership to the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts is available by visiting www.pncreativeartscenter.org
- All works must be of original design and copyright of the artist.
- The Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to the Fulton Montgomery Art Show in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of the arts center.
- The Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
- Selection notification will be sent via email by March 22, 2018.
- Selected works must be received at the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts during the following days: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, April 4, 5 and 6, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., or Saturday, April 7, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Works that are shipped to the Nigra Arts Center must be received by April 7, 2018. The mailing address for the Nigra Arts Center is 2736 NY 30, Gloversville, New York 12078.
- The Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts will retain a 20% commission on all works sold.
- Selected artwork must be suitably framed and ready for installation.
- All shipping is at the expense of the artist. There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts. The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the work as it arrives and a follow-up condition report at the conclusion of the exhibition. You MUST include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work. Accepted artists will receive detailed information regarding shipping and handling requirements.
Deadline for Submission: March 18, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: March 22, 2018
Work must be received at the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts by: April 7, 2018
Selection of Awards: April 9, 2018
Notification of Awards: April 9, 2018
Private Artists-Only Opening Reception: April 14, 2018, 5-7 p.m.
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: April 19, 2018, 6:00 - 8:00 pm.
Exhibition Closes: May 14, 2018